Application due date: April 30th, 2019
PURPOSE: The Vietnamese American Community of Greater Dallas (VACGD) Scholarship was re-established in 2018. The mission of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to high school seniors of Vietnamese descendant who plan to enroll full-time at an accredited US College and University. Scholarships will be awarded based on academic performance, low-income & high-performing student, and participation in community services. This scholarship is a one-time award of $1,000.00. Applications are due
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be Vietnamese Descendant
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a legal resident of North Texas.
- Hold a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be a graduating high school senior planning to attend a two or four-year accredited academic institution
- Applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Application postmarked by April 30th, 2019
Applicants must provide:
- Completed application form.
- Official high school transcript in a sealed envelope from the institution.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational or technical school for post-secondary studies.
- Proof of family’s income (Optional)
- Applications are due April 30th, 2019
- Applicants will be notified of their finalist status in May and acceptance in July.
Submit application to:
VACGD – Scholarship Program
3221 Belt Line Road
Garland, TX 75044
Contact VACGD anytime with questions:
Phone: (972) 666-1168